What a CRAZY way to start the new year!
I do actually think it was perfect, because it had me completely reliant on God. It got REAL real fast! I have received lots of comments and kudos from my post on Friday, and I’m so glad I did it. Many said I was so BRAVE to post it, but for the record, I was so scared and embarrassed because of my AWESOME baby announcement (that was sooo flippin’ cool!), and I was hurting and I just needed to spew. But you all poured out love and mercy and although my heart has a mini peanut size hole, right now, it is GLOWING with so much love. I’m not sure if I could say thank you enough to everyone.
One other thing one of my friends shared with me too…Sometimes it’s really hard to hear those sentiments, that “God did this for a reason.” or “This was God’s will, & He will be praised through this.” Big picture…yes true, but I love a God that I KNOW is with me on those quiet nights when i lay in bed and silent tears are rolling down my face, or those drives where I wrestle through the “what ifs” and the tears of heartache. He’s there, by my side, crying with me. I serve a God who hurts along with me and is heartbroken that I am heartbroken. Because my God doesn’t EVER leave me or forsake me. Ever. And that God is holding my sweet baby and preparing it for the day we meet again. What a mind blowing day that will be…what a wonderful “sob-fest” of a day that will be!
For his anger is but for a moment,
and his favor is for a lifetime.[a]
Weeping may tarry for the night,
but joy comes with the morning. Psalms 30:5
- Especially over break, we got to see LOTS of progress on the spec house! It is REALLY starting to come together! We are almost to the fun part…cabinets & counter tops.
- During the roller coaster that was last week, Tricia and I got lots of great time together! AWESOME combo when your friend is a councilor.
- It was hard to say goodbye on Monday after two weeks home with the babes, but it made the nights sweeter. Time is precious and my girls are goofballs!
- I accomplished my goal of not setting ANY goals over break 🙂
- Got all my Christmas decorations put away. (THANKS MOM!)
Goals for this Week:
- Allow myself to decompress a little more.
- Set some long range goals for the year and POST them somewhere. I’ll let you know what they are when I figure that out.
Word of the Year:
Tricia helped me with this one…
I needed a word the meant that I was giving 2016 to God in every possible way…for myself, my marriage, my family, my job, my fun job, my free time…my plan needs to be God’s plan! I told Tricia, “I need a word that means, ‘Not in control.” And BOOM…she said. Surrender.
What did I surrender to God this week?
Have a GREAT WEEK!