So…I’m Lindsay. Hi. Nice to meet you!
Yes, I am the “Wild Ginger” and many can attest to that. I grew up in Central Illinois where I met my husband and bore my sweet babes. We live in a small town outside of a big city where football’s king, the Casey’s gas station is the local gossip ground, where there’s as many cows as people and some of the most beautiful sunsets you’ll ever see.
My husband (Nathan) and I own some cattle with the intention of turning it into an extra income (just takes time). He and his family own Wineinger & Sons, a landscaping/snow removal company. I am a working mom with the intent to turn my blog into an income so I can stay home with my beautiful little babes, Ruthie & Tessa. I also own and design my own print/design company, Wild Ginger Print Design.
Needless to say we’re a bustling family, but I am all about sharing our lives and I love to meet new people. Please connect with me and introduce yourself! I want to meet you.
Lindsay’s Top Ten Quirks
- I firmly believe that when your fingernails are painted, your hands stay warmer
- I hate socks and shoes. i.e. winter is awful!
- I’m addicted to chalkboard paint. If it were a drug, I would need rehab.
- Our first cow was names Ginger. She was a red angus. I found it only fitting.
- My favorite food is artichoke. It’s been that since I was 8. With Tessa, I craved them. I would eat about 5 a week.
- Pepsi over Coke. No question. i.e. when I go south, life is difficult.
- I went to school to talk on the Radio and wish still that I get the opportunity.
- I hate microwaves, but I have children and it’s only necessary.
- Twinkies scare me. I was secretly excited when they discontinued, then re-terrified when they came back.
- My favorite television characters: Jessica Day (New Girl), Lorelai Gilmore (Gilmore Girls) & Claire Dunphy (Modern Family).
The Important People in My Life…
These are the people I commit everything to. They are why I do what I do. (I do best under bulleted lists…please don’t judge)
My Modern Day Hillbilly — Nathan
- We grew up in church together.
- We’ve been together for over 10 years and married for 4.
- He knows little bits of everything about farming, cars, livestock, construction, well…anything manly, but set him in front of a computer and he freezes. Set him in front of a mirror with a curling iron…Petrified!
- He graduated college with an engineering degree, yet he mainly mows peoples’ lawns for a living.
- He is my rock! He gives me reason & structure.
- He’s the strong, silent type.
- He’s a football coach…when he was in school, they had a football play names after him, the Winey Wedge. I believe that gives him merit to coach.
- Short Story: When I was 14, I had just gotten out of a girls bible study at church where we talked about praying for our future husband. I was so blown by this concept. I kept thinking, “What if the next boy I see turns out to be my husband?!” Then, 12-year-old Nathan walked into the room in all his bull cut and bottle cap glass glory. “Oh. No.”
My Girls — Rue & TL
Nathan and I were very matter-of-fact when we talked about having kids. We wanted all the boys we could get.
I wanted 7, he thought I was crazy. So we settled on 4 boys. Aaaannnd…then we got pregnant…with a girl…twice.
Our girls are our world! Holy Smokes did God have way better plans then me (which is usually the case).
- Ruthie means Companion; vision of Beauty & that she is.
- Ruthie is my angel baby. She was 2 months early & was born on the same day her great grandmother died. We are convinced that Grandma Sue gave her a big hug and kiss and a swift kick of spunk and sent her down to us.
- She currently has taken the award for “The Best Big Sister” away from my big sister.
- Her favorite movie is currently in a rotations between “Anna Elsa” (Frozen), “Princess” (Tangled), and “Skewers” (The Rescuers).
- Other names for Ruthie- Rue, Rudabaga, Monkey (that’s from her aunt)
- Tessa means to gather or reep and Lee means field…shes the gatherer of the fields…I pray that everyday for her.
- After having such a small baby with Rue, Tessa is my BIG baby..she’s actually normal size, but I’m just not used to it.
- Ruthie and Tessa look nothing alike. Scarey really.
- I think TL will be my free-bird. She’s sooo laid back!
Nathan and I have decided that if #3 is a girl, then we should probably stop for sanity sake. I just really want an even #…
But I am most excited that my girls and I are doing our VERY best to keep the last 2% of redheads alive.