My current view:
…and I love it.
KEY FOR THE PICTURE-
- There is no laundry basket :: Nathan is working on laundry!
- That jar of money on my dresser is my spending money for Mary Kay Seminar in Dallas :: There $$ in it!!! yayy!!
- View out the window :: One of my FAVS!
- Jo’s eating the computer :: She’s NOT crying! AND she’s minutes from falling asleep (I know this because she’s asleep when this is published)
- You can’t HEAR this in the picture, but there’s snoring in the other room :: It’s Mama’s ALONE time!!
I have had a chance to sit here 3 days this week…Jo was in different states of consciousness on all occasions, but ALL in ALL, it has help me set up 5 major goals for this summer. AND I’m not pregnant, so there is a VERY large chance that I can accomplish all of these goals!
SO HERE ARE MY 5 GOALS (And if you’re reading this, I may be asking you to help me fulfill one of these 5!):
ONE | Have some FUN!
There are 2 things my girls LOVE…one just as much as the other. Stay-at-home Days & Going places… I know. Really makes sense, but there’s maybe other moms understand. The girls LOVE uninterrupted playtime. They generally end up in princess dresses or naked in a fort in the living room watching a movie. OR They want to go to the zoo, or a park, or the local pool, or on Grandpa Steve’s boat…NOT grocery shopping or working at the feed store (if Joanna could eye-roll, she would!). So, with their help, I came up with a poster. After they get their 5 basic tasks done a day, we will do one of these things!
I’m DETERMINED to love summer & not dread it. My anxiety level is slowly increasing each day I get closer to the last day of school. I feel that with a plan, maybe, just maybe I’ll be calmer and the girls will get a little bit of some structured chaos!
TWO | DALLAS or BUST!
Every year, in Dallas, TX is the Mary Kay Annual Seminar. It’s encouraging, it’s empowering, it’s leadership-developing…I am going with some God-fearing and powerful women… I am PUMPED to go. Aaannndd….there’s Mary Kay there, too! ha! My sub goals for this BIG GOAL are…
- see 100 faces by June 30th! NOT EVEN to sell products, but just to get FEEDBACK! I need to learn how to become better at what I do & I can’t do it without seeing faces!
- Make $1,500 min between now & July 15. I personally make 50% of what I sell! So that gives me $750 to cover costs/lodging/gas & a little extra (to go with what’s in my jar 🙂 ) for spending money.
- ROCK 3 formal looks! …on a VERY low budget. Like long formal dresses. I don’t have many opportunities to get dressed up anymore so I’m getting little-girl giddy about these!
- ENJOY MYSELF! I don’t have this chance often to get away. So I want to make the MOST of it!!
BONUS!! Jane & I are going to Waco, TX (Magnolia EVERYTHING) AND Pawhuska, OK (Pioneer Woman!!!!) on the way home!!!! I’m kind of beside myself!
THREE | Graphic Design Stuff
I’ve got wedding invites to design, t-shirts to make, stamps to make, flyers for the store, and I’m sure other small projects… but it’s consuming more time than I thought. I’m ok with that though, because I’m enjoying it again! 🙂
FOUR | House Projects x 2!
My parents are moving to Princeville! WHAT!?! Nathan and I are helping them quite a bit with the project. Mom’s asked me to help design the kitchen. (Just typing that out makes me giddy inside allllll over!!) Some people may dread building houses, but Nathan & I LOVE it!
Then the x 2… This makes that ABOVE giddy feeling multiply…. Nathan was talking with our realtor, who we worked with closely on a NUMBER of things (Small town thing, i think) about the value of our house vs. selling and building a new one. We are leaning toward a remodel. Like, 2-car garage, extra bedroom, extra bathroom, new kitchen, new siding, new roof kind of remodel…AGAIN…some people may face palm when they hear that….to me… YOU JUST GAVE ME A FREAKING SEMI LOAD OF COTTON CANDY! I’m channeling my inner Joanna Gaines while trying to remain completely chill on the outside. HARD… VERY HARD!
FIVE | Lose weight.
And, I did put this last on purpose. If I don’t reach this goal, I won’t be heartbroken, but I want better eating choices & the extra effort to be on the forefront. 2 Things I have to say about this and then I’m done: 1. I always said I was never going to try and push to lose weight in between children because I’m lazy and it seemed like wasted effort to lose it then gain it all again….well…that means it’s time now. and… 2. For some reason, I’ve always disconnected my weight loss from Jesus. Why do I do this? I don’t think that it was an idea of hiding it from God, but maybe in my brain I thought that this PERSONAL desire was insignificant to Him. I’m trying to debunk that in my brain right now. GOD KNOWS the desires of my heart! And I’ve got to give Him the control of that!
I joined Weight Watchers, BTW, so find me & let’s be accountability buddies on the App! 20 pounds kids! 20 pounds….sigh…
So do you want to help me?
– Do you want to have a play date with the girls & me? We’ve got pool passes!
– Can I borrow your face? It will feel clean & fresh when we’re finished!
– Been through a building reno? Have any helpful hints for a young fam on a budget?
– What to lose weight with me? Orr…you can just bug me if you see my eating something TERRIBLE for me. 🙂
Have a GREAT week!